Alloy wheel size?

Beavis

Ok quick question if i was to buy a new gt4 alloy for my car is there any difference between a rear alloy and the front alloy. Yes i know they are 18 inch but what about width? or are they all the same. Read something about you cannot put a rear wheel on the front due to the tyres been wider...so is there a mechanical restriction?

Ok quick question if i was to buy a new gt4 alloy for my car is there any difference between a rear alloy and the front alloy. Yes i know they are 18 inch but what about width? or are they all the same. Read something about you cannot put a rear wheel on the front due to the tyres been wider...so is there a mechanical restriction?

front wheel rim is not as wide as rear, not interchangeable, there is a bolt on the front hub that prevents you mixing them up, This has to be removed when fitting aftermarket rims :thumbs:

front wheel rim is not as wide as rear, not interchangeable, there is a bolt on the front hub that prevents you mixing them up, This has to be removed when fitting aftermarket rims :thumbs:

Ok thanks so what is the width of the front wheel ? :)

You after that GT4 rim on ebay?

I got it but its for the rear :rant: I wanted it to replace the front one i had repaired when i first had the car by chipsaway, because i have heard of paint reactions when tyres are replaced. £160 WAS A BARGAIN as you know they cost alot more.

I got it but its for the rear :rant: I wanted it to replace the front one i had repaired when i first had the car by chipsaway, because i have heard of paint reactions when tyres are replaced. £160 WAS A BARGAIN as you know they cost alot more.

Can you post the link up to it mate?

Can you post the link up to it mate?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Seems a bit fishy now as he says he as never heard of different rim widths so not only did he order the wrong style but wrong size too :dry:

Is it genuine? The RAYS comment scared me off...... Did you ask him what he mean't by that?

Will ask him that but it looks like my 100% feedback rating is about to go when i dont pay. Never seen a non genuine copy or heard of one for the gt4 though :dry:

But dont you smell a rat because he said he had never heard of a front or rear wheel , SO NOT ONLY WRONG STYLE BUT POT LUCK IF HE GOT THE RIGHT SIZE RIM!! :angry:

there are some people like that though :blush:

I just bought a rim today for my wifes car off Ebay I wasnt totally sure if it was right as the seller had no idea what brand or width it was really , luckily it was correct for me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0097358654

8 front 8.5 rear

You sure Tim???

I've never checked the GT4 wheels but know the std are 8" front and 8" rear with different size tyres ;)

yep Liam, I'm sure different width rims on standard Rays , even the 17" that come on the JDM are different width front to rear :thumbs:

Only set of rims that are the same width are the alloys fitted to UK Standard (non Ray type ), like you say just different tyre sizes :thumbs:

8 front 8.5 rear

You sure Tim???

I've never checked the GT4 wheels but know the std are 8" front and 8" rear with different size tyres ;)

yep Liam, I'm sure different width rims on standard Rays , even the 17" that come on the JDM are different width front to rear :thumbs:

Only set of rims that are the same width are the alloys fitted to UK Standard (non Ray type ), like you say just different tyre sizes :thumbs:

Oh well i will just have to sell it. Anyone want a brand new boxed rear GT4 wheel?

8 front 8.5 rear

You sure Tim???

Oh well i will just have to sell it. Anyone want a brand new boxed rear GT4 wheel?

£80? :)

8 front 8.5 rear

You sure Tim???

Wheel and postage will cost me £180 :thumbs:

8 front 8.5 rear

You sure Tim???

:teeth: