Sky+ Box

geoff-r

Does anyone have a Sky+ box kicking about? The signal in the house I've moved in to is rubbish and I don't fancy messing around with the aerial in the loft space. The previous owners used to have Sky and the dish and points are still in place so I was going to just get a Sky+ box and stick a freeview card in it as that looks like the easiest option. I'll take a remote and any leads with it if anyone has one, thanks.

Sure someone had one for sale on here recently? You might want to consider a freesat box as well if you only want the basic channels. Oh and btw you lose a massive amount of signal strength by having the ariel in the loft ;)

Sure someone had one for sale on here recently? You might want to consider a freesat box as well if you only want the basic channels. Oh and btw you lose a massive amount of signal strength by having the ariel in the loft ;)

I know mate, the old man said that as well but none of the houses on the estate have aerials on the roof. Either it's a strong signal area or I'm just unlucky and the aerial in my roof is no good. Either way to save me possibly putting a foot through one of my ceilings by messing around in the loft it's easier to pop in a sky box, or freesat like you say.

As an alternative I have a technomate HD 6900 super +

that I paid nearly £400 for a couple of years bsck.

Its as new and been sitting in a box for all but 3 months of its life.

Have a read up on it and you will see it even has freeview as well!

i used it when living on my boat tomboost the Terestial TV as it has a amplifyer in it.

I forgot all about it until I saw this.