Does anyone know this car?

robzracing

So, my first post on the forum as I'm new to the 350Z.

We, (myself and a couple of mates) have acquired this car to use as a track day toy. It was bought (indirectly) from a guy who apparently was a porsche experience driving instructor who had intended to strike out on his own doing corporate track days. Anyway, the upshot of this was that he prepared the car and then got a pay rise! So he sold it to another guy who finished stripping it and added a front section to the cage.

We would really like to know a bit more about what has been done to the car other than what we can see. The seller mumbled something about a lightened flywheel and uprated clutch but I have to say, although I haven't driven another zed, it doesn't feel like it has a lightened flywheel!

So, what we do know is that it has a custom bolt in cage, an FIA cut off switch, and K&N panel filter and the traction control has been programmed to switch off permanently, as soon as you start the car. Other than that, we have plenty to do to it to bring it up to scratch, the story of which I will probably catalogue here on the forum.

So here are some pics and hopefully someone might know this car. (the reg is quite distinct)

4181431-7.jpg

4181431-2.jpg

4181431-3.jpg

:welcome: to the forum

sorry don't know the car - but looks thoroughly stripped down!

You'll find that the TCS isn't exactly 'programmed' to be off - it will simply be unplugged :thumbs:

Ha Ha, you maybe right! Just what I was told, but I guess that sounded better in the sales pitch!

Started a project thread if you're interested...

if there is a seconadry switch to control TCS other than the one under the steering wheel then it means someone has fitted a breaker switch to interpupt the signal to the box behind the centre console which has the effect of completely diabling TCS compared to the normal switch which only partial turns off TCS. but ABS is still functional.

if there is a seconadry switch to control TCS other than the one under the steering wheel then it means someone has fitted a breaker switch to interpupt the signal to the box behind the centre console which has the effect of completely diabling TCS compared to the normal switch which only partial turns off TCS. but ABS is still functional.

TCS can be completely turned off but VDC will still break the wheels probably explains the switch.

TCS can be completely turned off but VDC will still break the wheels probably explains the switch.

I shall be investigating further. TCS lights are up on the dash as to be expected but it would be handy to know if it could be turned back on at any time.