Wheel Spacer

GENY240Z

I have a JDM Fairlady. I fitted 19" ASA wheels which I am more than happy with, unfortunately I recently purchased a complete set of Brembo Discs and Brakes from a UK car, the rear wheels cover the Discs and theres plenty of clearance between the callipers and the wheels. The fronts are "another kettle of fish", I have fitted 5mm spacers, there is only 1.5 - 2mm gap between the weel and calliper, are the spacers going to cause me problems??? It could really do with a few more mm clearance whats the largets spacer that I can get away with, before I cause any more issues??

Thanks Andrew

I'm driving around with spacers on my car, no issues so far. I ll let you know when my suspension breaks :p

plenty of people in France and Germany with wheel spacers on their Z without any issues so far. If you are to put 5mm spacer i dont think it will be an issue (hell, i even saw that Porsche provide 5mm wheel spacers as an option to their 997 now :wacko: )

I'd put 7 or 8 to have enough clearance, just to be sure.

Should be ok with 5mm, anymore and you may not have enough thread per nut, 10mm is too much IMO.

bigger spacers have a different way of mounting.

True, but not all alloy wheels can take the larger spacers.

There are no spaces/recesses on the inside of my wheels to accept the original hub threads if I were to put the type of spacer which includes new threaded bar and bolts to the hub. i.e. the wheels wouldn't fit as the existing hub threads protrude too far out.