Engine remap.......Who and is it worth it ?

trancematic

Hi All

I purchased a 350z on a 2004 plate a few weeks back tip/auto and there are a few issues i need to sort like a speedo light that i can not see at night and a few others.

Anyway i am guessing that this car imported into the country from Japan has a speed restriction of 112 mph,now i don't know all the history and there is a possibility that previous owners have had this removed,since i have not blasted down the motorway above this speed is this the only way of knowing if its restricted.

Now i have seen a few links on here talking about Abbey Motorsport and i have also emailed the guys there and they seem a really friendly bunch and have given me a price for the job which i have listed below in a paragraph from the email.

Yes can remove the speed limter with a ECU remap;

You can either just have the speed limiter removed but no tuning work for £240-00 inc vat

Or we can carry out a remap in our dyno for a £402-00 inc vat, this includes remove the speed limiter. We normally gain around 10bhp and 10lbft of torque and remove the restriction in the lower 3 gears.

We can carry out this work while you wait in our reception area.

Edited by trancematic