Sat Nav Swap Out

astonal

Hi

Im pretty new so forgive me if this already appears somewhere else in the forum, but where can I get a reasonably priced SatNav swap for my Jap Import 350z? Its annoying to have all the tec in the car and not be able to use it - I have seen some very interesting posts about installing PCs - but isnt this a very expensive/tricky job? Or am I being cowardly ;)

Guest prescience

I just have the TomTom in the cubby - fits nice and snug; that's a cheap option.

If you want a built-in permament screen in there, someon will be along to advise

Was a company on ebay the other week that did a conversion kit. Think it used the original screen but the rest of the stuff was new with a remote control panel. Can't remember the full details but if I see them again I'll post them up.

Cost was about £850 i think. So not cheap.

Try this forum its free

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/search. ... id=1881561

It has all the 350z PC instalations and the free software for car pc's.

You will need a little knowledge on pc's but here you will find all the sat nav software for free.

The total cost i have spent is £450 and i need a good 7" touch screen.

but this will be more than just a sat nav.

There is a few posts on turning the existing jap screen into a dvd player and gaming machine !!!!

Found the compant who does the sat nav conversion for JDM models.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mazda-RX8-Nissan- ... dZViewItem

Nissan Skyline & 350Z

The main unit is replaced and kept in the same place (glove box area). The new unit is IR remote controlled.

Same NAVTEQ Navigation unit but DVD European Spec.

PS You will find some company's ADDING navigation units to other parts of the car, this looks terrible and will not be fully functional. We replace the original unit & it all looks original!!

We can do the same to most Imported Cars/Trucks.

12month Warranty (Hardware)

Lifetime Warranty (Workmanship)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hp810c81

I have spoken to this guy and there is a problem on some JDM's that require and extra box to be installed at a cost of £300 on top of the £850.

• 3 weeks later...