Clunking sound coming from rear suspension

Drayvn

Hey there guys, anyone able to point me in the right direction as to why after fitting BC coilovers all round i have suddenly gotten a clunking sound that seems to emminate from the top of the coilovers, well it sounds like it comes from there but it could very well be lower down.

The sound is akin to like hooves on pavement if you can get what i mean. I've tried to pin point how it makes the sound while driving to see what kind of bumps make it but haven't been able to narrow it down to stuff like hard bumps or sharp depressions, other than that it's fine.

It is lowered on 19's. Could it be the rear drop links? Or some problem with the actual coilovers?

got the same problem, thinking it might be because the standard shocks had a paper type gasket at the top to reduce clunks, since there is only two bolts holding the top I think there might be slight horizontal movement?

Also heard if you set them to max stiff for a short drive then soften them up this can stop any noise, mine is not loud or that frequent(stripped out rear so no sound deadening either) so haven't bothered yet.

But could also be my drop links as the car is old and bushes are worn!

got the same problem, thinking it might be because the standard shocks had a paper type gasket at the top to reduce clunks, since there is only two bolts holding the top I think there might be slight horizontal movement?

Also heard if you set them to max stiff for a short drive then soften them up this can stop any noise, mine is not loud or that frequent(stripped out rear so no sound deadening either) so haven't bothered yet.

But could also be my drop links as the car is old and bushes are worn!

Ah i see, i'll have a look at the top mounts of the OEM shocks too see what the differences are. That's what i was also thinking, that the there is a slight movement, which i don't think is a good thing long term.

I'll try that and see what happens about setting them to max stiffness and lessening them off, yeah mine isn't particularly loud nor does it happen all the time, it just doesn't sound right when it does happen.

I was thinking of buying some Eibach ARBs, bushings and droplinks, but if anyone has some more advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.