Double DIN fascia/trim

GT4 Zed

Looking for the fascia or trim panel to fit my poineer double Din sat-nav. I am not 100% happy with the trim i have which looks OEM but the fitting is not perfect and hoping someone would have a recommendation. The HU is the AVIC D3.

Looked at this but want be sure this is what i need before i pull the trigger.

http://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=2793

Cheers pips

I used the InCarTec Fascia 50-306 [DOUBLE-DIN FASCIA KIT (for MY2006 > ONWARDS)] in my HU install - see thread > viewtopic.php?f=27&t=58783

To be honest - none of the fascia kits are a 100% match to OEM (see the photos in my thread); ...and all of them end up with a small gap between the fascia and HU.

The manufacturer supplies their own 'finisher' trim - but you'll likely not be able to use that without either modifying the ICT Fascia (would require cutting down) - or you just leave the manufacturer's 'finisher' surround trim off completely; (dump it!)

If you take your time - when fitting the HU - I used little pieces of card around the HU to get a symmetrical 'gap' around the HU - the end result will be pretty good.

I know some forum members have used things like 'foam tape' to close the gap between the HU and the fascia; but TBH - if you get the HU central to the fascia - it will look nice and neat.

Good luck - and I'm sure the other forum members will be along soon to contribute their valuable advice.

Cheers

M

100th POST - Hurrah !

Must have changed your exhaust if you going to listen to music. :p:lol:

:p:p yes Chris. I'm milltek'ed up and can hear again hence the stereo/ nav. Wales will never be the same again.

@ aftershox. Thanks will take your advice. Will try to refit after I get my volume issue sorted.