18" Winter Tyres Wanted

notfub

I have a perfect set of rear winter 'training' tyres for sale, the tread is down to about 4mm so will give you an exellent base for which to practice on :lol:

These RE050A's are the ultimate tyre for the hairy chested winter warrior :#1:

The alloys have Bridgestone 40's on there now, perfect for winter training.... :scare: .....but I'm wimping out and going for some winters :lol:;)

I have a perfect set of rear winter 'training' tyres for sale, the tread is down to about 4mm so will give you an exellent base for which to practice on :lol:

These RE050A's are the ultimate tyre for the hairy chested winter warrior :#1:

The alloys have Bridgestone 40's on there now, perfect for winter training.... :scare: .....but I'm wimping out and going for some winters :lol:;)

Fair do's :thumbs:

I wouldnt bother with part worn winters TBH 4mm and they are summer tyres. I ordered mine from mytyres last week. They had 3% off :thumbs:

Agree with your 4mm comment after doing a little research so no part worn winters for me.

Mytyres seem to be the cheaper retailers out there at the moment too so thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

Out of interest, which ones did you go for as I'm thinking Khumo's as reviews on the Nankang SV-2's say their braking ability in the wet isn't that good (worse than some summer tyres according to auto express).

Kumho I'Zen KW27 work alright for me in winter. I'm running standard 18" sizes on standard OEM wheels.

Very good in snow and icy conditions but a little soft so get some roll on the sidewalls during corners compared to summer tyres. Well worth it though as the car feels much more stable even when dry and the temperature just drops below 5 degrees. The RE040s on my Rays are scary even in cold conditions as they go very hard and tramline and lose grip at very low speeds. Lethal in the cold and wet or when icy hence why I got winter tyres. I got tired of having to drive like a granny and then still feeling nervous about losing it whilst everyone else flew past me!

Ordered Nankang sv2's for dads w211 so will have to see how they go but I've heard they are pretty good if they wasn't I wouldnt have ordered them. I used conti wintercontact790 on my Clio my brother used falken hs439 I think and I just ordered falken hs449's for the e46. All tyres seem good in winter the contis are probably the best but as the Clio runs 16's it was cheap enough to get them.

I wouldnt bother with part worn winters TBH 4mm and they are summer tyres. I ordered mine from mytyres last week. They had 3% off :thumbs:

Agree with your 4mm comment after doing a little research so no part worn winters for me.

Mytyres seem to be the cheaper retailers out there at the moment too so thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

Out of interest, which ones did you go for as I'm thinking Khumo's as reviews on the Nankang SV-2's say their braking ability in the wet isn't that good (worse than some summer tyres according to auto express).