New Owner and Advice on Air Con please

Tinyflier

Collected my '6 Facelift Zed a few hours ago and is absolutely superb - apart from either I don't understand the aircon settings or I have a fault!

Left dial set to AUTO; Right dial set to AUTO & AirCon light is ON; Temp set to min (18).

Result- ice cold air but fan runs at MAX setting all the time regardless of how long I leave the settings unchanged.

Move Temp setting one or two notches up from minimum setting and instant furnace heat and still MAX fan setting.

I thought that setting all to AUTO and A/C ON - then system would stabilise at chosen temp and automatically kick fan in/out as needed to maintain chosen temp (well my other car does it that way!).

Something not working?

Apart from that and my stand alone 6" widescreen SatNav being too big to fit inside the cubby and let me close the lid (damn I should have bought a smaller one...) I am very happy!

David

it should do, I know if I set mine to 18 on a hot day and auto it will take about 5 mins of driving around before it starts to step down the fan. Have you tried it around the 25 ish mark to see if it warms it up and switches off?

Typically i get fed up with the auto and set the fan speed manually.

Sounds like you have a problem there, :pmzmanalex: for his thoughts :thumbs:

Will do!

My journey to work is only 11 miles so it's difficult to see how the temp setting is varying with the blower speed dial set OFF AUTO but I suspect I do get heat control - am off to Silverstone on Sunday so can experiment en route.

David