Power steering fluid

AmyZed

Hey !

I had my Zed fully serviced a few months ago but noticed a "whining" noise early in the mornings lately, when i turn the wheel... it seems to die off after the car has warmed up.

I checked the power steering fluid and its very very low. There is no sign of a leak so I am assuming the guy who serviced her didnt top it up, and I have a chrome cover over the fluid bottle so I hadnt seen it was low until i removed this :(

Do I simply top it up? or does it need bleeding? or fully flushing?

Nissan local garage told me yesterday that they dont have the equipment to flush it?! I am hoping I can just top it up ? but maybe i can bleed it myself?

any info would be great! including what else to look out for if the cars making this whining noise?! 95k miles!!

thanks

Thank you, I am not going to drive her untill she's topped up or changed ...

Just hoping someone can tell me which is best... a bleed or top up, or if I have to flush it, its high mileage so I know it may need a full refresh perhaps?!? :blush::wacko:

My stuff was black but I used a turkey Bastet sucked the old stuff out and then topped up with fresh. I've been doing this for a few weeks now. You need to take the front bumper off and disconnect pipes for a flush.