Problem with the Bose - CD Part

Lazarus

I have a February 2009 350Z GT Roadster, with the Bose system. On Friday the CD display started saying " Disk Check", and won't play any CD. The rest of the system, radio and cassette is fine, the sound is just as good also. I have tried putting various CDs from the house in, but the problem persists. Any ideas guys ? Is there a reset button perhaps ? I have a Bose system in the house also, which has a setup disk, but I am loathe to start messing around with that disk as it may not be compatible.

Many thanks,

John.

Two choices...

1. Send it off to "Clarion House" with a cheque and they will do the fix for you.

If you REALLY want to keep it as standard.

I spent a long time looking into this and found all the info about where to send it and how much (all on here somewhere, have a search and shout me if you can't find it)

2. New HU.

As Jason says the Bose setup is NOT actually Bose, just has Bose stamped on it.

Like most of the "top" systems put into cars at the moment. So it is actually a Clarion system, not hte decent Bose one, like you have in your kitchen. (As Do I)

I ended up just getting a new HU and ripping ALL the old crap out. Very glad I did. :teeth:

Two choices...

1. Send it off to "Clarion House" with a cheque and they will do the fix for you.

I spent a long time looking into this and found all the info about where to send it and how much (all on here somewhere, have a search and shout me if you can't find it)

2. New HU.

Like most of the "top" systems put into cars at the moment. So it is actually a Clarion system, not hte decent Bose one, like you have in your kitchen. (As Do I)

I ended up just getting a new HU and ripping ALL the old crap out. Very glad I did. :teeth:

There is a Third choice.....

Do the iPod hack and you will never have to use a CD ever again.

Two choices...

2. New HU.

did you change the speakers too?

Two choices...

2. New HU.

did you change the speakers too?

:lol:

Have a look at my build thread... I changed EVERYTHING. B)

• 3 weeks later...