DE vs HR airbox, why switch?

Arran

Late evening all :lol:

Speaking with Pete ealier we were discussing the advantages of putting a HR airbox on a DE, now we lifted bonnets of both and the DEs box is alot bigger so whats the advantage of using a HR one? For airflow maybe?

Not expecting a big gain lol but every little helps before I get the uprev done

So guys in your experience what's the reasoning

Ta

Arran

:doh:

The popular swap is between the airbox fitted to the '03-'05 VQ35DE and the '06 Rev-Up VQ35DE, NOT the HR. The '06 Rev-Up airbox is identical in every way to the earlier version except for the velocity stack leading into the intake pipe, which is larger and more effective. If you somehow managed to bodge a single HR airbox onto a DE it would probably cause noticable power loss, because (as I'm assuming you noticed) the HR uses two of them.

DB

:plane: quick draw,you loose :lol:

The popular swap is between the airbox fitted to the '03-'05 VQ35DE and the '06 Rev-Up VQ35DE, NOT the HR. The '06 Rev-Up airbox is identical in every way to the earlier version except for the velocity stack leading into the intake pipe, which is larger and more effective. If you somehow managed to bodge a single HR airbox onto a DE it would probably cause noticable power loss, because (as I'm assuming you noticed) the HR uses two of them.

DB

Indeed we can put that to rest now we know, nice cheap mod to do if it makes a difference happy days.

Must say don't know if it's me thinking it but my lights on the way home looked clearer and a little brighter when driving? Il get the DA on them on Saturday but for now that's done the job cheers mate :thumbs:

:plane: quick draw,you loose :lol:

DB

:lol: 4 minutes, wasn't even close...

DB