Help me, help the club, help you :)

Chesterfield

Hi,

As some may have noticed, I've changed my signature to link to a new project myself and my brother have launched.

Obviously as with any new website, especially one in the industry where you are competing against the likes of Eon, British Gas, NPower etc, getting it noticed is a pretty hard uphill battle, and one that doesn't come cheap. So far we've sunk a lot of money into this, and are hopeful that we can at least maybe break even in a couple of years or so.

If you own a small business or can pass on the link to any business owners you think may benefit, it would be of great help. Also, if you let me know by PM the names of the businesses you have passed the link to, if any of them use us I shall donate 30% of any commissions we receive as a result to the club.

If you don't know any business owners, then you could still help me if you can spare a few minutes to like our facebook page. I know its a cheeky ask, but any publicity would help us :)

http://www.facebook.com/BusinessEnergyOnline

If you want to pass the link out for businesses to get quotes it is: http://www.BusinessEnergyOnline.com

People can follow us on facebook and or twitter if they want updates on the energy markets too if that interests you :)

More info on us if you want to read any further - I have a habit of going on a bit.....

Having assisted businesses for coming up two decades now, we have seen a lot of changes in the marketplace, and we have also seen a lot of "brokers" come and go. There have been a lot of here today gone tomorrow people in our industry, and it hasn't helped the image one bit. What we have come to learn is that people don’t want to be contacted every day by some pushy sales person offering them cheap gas and electricity, and "you must sign today" offers from various energy suppliers. They also dont want to fill in their details online just to get that same type of sales person calling them every five minutes to "sign up now!"

This is specifically why our main company (the one that looks after corporate clients) does not have a call centre. We have worked on word of mouth referrals for nearly 20 years now. Sure we havent grown as rapidly as some of the other businesses out there, but I’m happy that some of our clients have been with us for that entire 20 years due to the service we give and the way we dont hold them into any contracts with ourselves like other brokers and consultants do. We work on the premise that if we do a good job, the customers will come back. Maybe a bit old fashioned, but thats the way it is.

We wanted to continue this in our new venture - the online pricing for small businesses. We won’t be calling customers to pressure them into anything - we simply allow them to get prices online (without having to enter their inside leg measurement to do it). If they want the prices, they can proceed by printing their own agreement and sending it to us. No salespersons pressuring them. (Unlike other "online" sites that simply take their details and then pester them on the phone.)

We are adding more suppliers to the list regularly, but again unlike some of the rogues out there we have authority from every supplier on the site to publish and use their prices. We work with over 20 suppliers with our corporate business, some of which are able and willing to provide prices to small businesses through Business Energy Online, some that are in the process of developing products that will enable them to do so. If you have any questions about the site, or any feedback, or just want to chat about energy at all, please feel free t post up in this thread and I’ll help where I can :) A like on facebook would be nice though :)

Thanks all,

Chris.