Questions after a test drive

bottom_burp

I went to view an 04 350Z up for sale privately today, it looked gorgeous externally. Unforunately my current insurance didn't permit me to drive it :thumbdown: However, the seller took me for a spin.

After some 30mph town traffic we reached the open road. I love the performance of this car! At speed though the main issue I have became apparent in my left ear. A rattling and whooshing was coming from the passenger window. It seemed the glass was being drawn away from the seal allowing air in. Is this a known fault that could be fixed under the remaining warranty on the car (3-4 months)? I don't much fancy getting straight into this type of potential dealer nightmare so early in ownership.

Also, the leather interior had suffered a bit more wear than I'd expect. Is this common in Zeds (45k miles)? The gear knob and inside of the drivers door were not great. My current car has done slightly higher mileage without detriment to the interior.

My gut instinct is to walk away but if anyone has had similar experiences with their car and can offer advice I'd be grateful.

cheers!

Guest prescience

The window problem is a well known issue and can be fixed under warranty, no dramas. The leather - NMGB have been known to replace worn seats, but expect more of a fight, I know 45k miles does not seem a lot, but NMGB will probably argue the fair wear and tear case at that mileage (unless its really bad).

A re-trim (and to your own spec) can be had for about £500 (seats) - so keep that in mind :thumbs:

Good luck

The window problem is a well known issue and can be fixed under warranty, no dramas. The leather - NMGB have been known to replace worn seats, but expect more of a fight, I know 45k miles does not seem a lot, but NMGB will probably argue the fair wear and tear case at that mileage (unless its really bad).

A re-trim (and to your own spec) can be had for about £500 (seats) - so keep that in mind :thumbs:

Good luck

I never had this defect with my 2004 Zed. Whats the fix for this particular problem?

Guest prescience

Good luck

I never had this defect with my 2004 Zed. Whats the fix for this particular problem?

Some more info. here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ow&start=0