Tonneau cover and boot mat

nixy

I understand why you would need the tonneau cover but why is the gap there in the first place? Is this in case you want to attempt to put something long in the car? As for the boot mat, not sure why you would want one? Please enlighten me as I'm making a list of things I can persuade people to buy me! :D

I understand why you would need the tonneau cover but why is the gap there in the first place? Is this in case you want to attempt to put something long in the car? As for the boot mat, not sure why you would want one? Please enlighten me as I'm making a list of things I can persuade people to buy me! :D

Extra thick boot mat certainly damps down some noise, God knows why Nissan didnt put a thick one in standard instead of the thin cloth thing (mind you I do know, so they can sell us mugs the thick one :blush: )

I went for the Stealthbox (2X10" JL subwoofer enclosure, made especially for the Zed) instead of the tonneau cover and it cuts out a lot of unwanted noise from the back.

I'm currently trying to sound deaden the boot area using aquaseal (flashing tape) and Deadmat, but the biggest improvement in bass came when I bought a boot mat. looks nice too! :thumbs:

Some people get the tonneau as it reduces the noise. That's insane in my opinion. Love the noise.

I got it for the more common reason of security. I have my laptop in the boot every day and on weekends and evenings I'd also have RC gear.

As for the mat? Not for me. Cargo net is a better option.

ah I see, it's not to sit your muddy dog on then! I can never understand this, it's like when you spend a fortune on car mats but you'd rather get the floor underneath them dirty! I have been known to take my shoes off after vaccuming the car and driving in my socks! however, I am sad! :blush:

Some people get the tonneau as it reduces the noise. That's insane in my opinion. Love the noise.

I got it for the more common reason of security. I have my laptop in the boot every day and on weekends and evenings I'd also have RC gear.

As you rightly say, it's a matter of opinion. I love the exhaust noise but not the sound of every little stone hitting the rear underside. If, like me you have bought an expensive sound system, you want to be able to hear it at its full potential. :)

but not the sound of every little stone hitting the rear underside.

Having had a Lotus for a few days before this noise doesn't bother me now. In the Lotus it was like being in a race car. The noise was stones hitting the underside of the cabin.

I understand what you mean about stereo systems. I like to see what others have done but its not for me. Bose is good enough and I don't mind the stabbing in the spin speaker.

Nixy, have you taken delivery of the Z?

I bought fabricated cover off this forum and it makes life so much easier. You no longer have to worry about what people can see you have in your boot. Was a godsend over the xmas period with pressies in the boot.

I didn't realise the boot mat was extra as I bought the car second hand and already had a mat in it.

It's more to kill the noise of the fuel pump rather than the exhaust and also helps to keep things more private in the boot. B)