Is it time for new brakes?

menz83

I must admit that I am embarrassed to ask this question on here, but I really have no knowledge at all when it comes anything about cars other than driving them!

My brakes have been squealing for a while now. I didnt think much of it as a quick google search told me all was required was some copper grease on the pads. The squealing only happened at low speeds like coming to a stop at traffic lights. I noticed tonight however that the brakes were squealing at higher speeds which made me a bit nervous. I had a quick look at the brakes earlier tonight and noticed a slight groove on one of the rears. I rubbed my finger over it and it certainly wasnt deep and felt more raised to be honest! the brake pad did look a bit worn, whereas the rest didnt.

I have attached a picture below. Does this mean time to dig deep and give Alex a bell?

I have attached a picture below. Does this mean time to dig deep and give Alex a bell?

Probably but not necessarily :lol::lol::lol:

You really should get all the wheels off and have a look closely at ALL the pads and rotors.

Better still when the wheels are off, remove ALL the pads and inspect them properly.

If you feel that you are not up to this, I can direct you to a garage in Aberdeen who know there way around a Zed and would be happy to have a look for you. They will also fit any parts that I supply, so no drama there :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Regards,

Alex. :)