Motordyne Exhaust

HaydnH

Hi All,

I currently run the Motordyne XYZ and ART pipes but I'm currently looking to upgrade the system to the full Motordyne exhaust. Motordyne offer about $300 off the price of the exhaust if you don't need the y-pipe (I'm awaiting a quote for the UK price difference), which would leave me with the HFC left over as the way the exhaust attaches to the XYZ pipe doesn't allow for the HFC to fit.

I guess it would be next to impossible just to sell the HFC so I should probably get the full exhaust so I can sell on the new XYZ pipe with the ~18 month (~3k miles) old HFC - thoughts?

Haydn.

p.s: yes that would leave me decatted until the next MOT when I'd have to put some HFCs in or something... and then I'd have the ART pipes for sale also. :blush:

I remember introspect selling his xyz with hfc for about £375 not so long ago.

Depending on how much saving you'd make would determine how much the hfc would have to sell for to make it worthwhile. If the $300 turns into £200 you'd have to sell the hfc attachment for £175 to make it worthwhile, assuming you can still sell an xyz with hfc for £375.

P.s. I'm swapping my stock cats, japspeed y and k1 for art pipes, xyz with hfc and blitz backbox on Friday, can't wait!

I remember introspect selling his xyz with hfc for about £375 not so long ago.

Depending on how much saving you'd make would determine how much the hfc would have to sell for to make it worthwhile. If the $300 turns into £200 you'd have to sell the hfc attachment for £175 to make it worthwhile, assuming you can still sell an xyz with hfc for £375.

P.s. I'm swapping my stock cats, japspeed y and k1 for art pipes, xyz with hfc and blitz backbox on Friday, can't wait!

Considering the y pipe would be new, the HFC would only have about 3k miles on it and a brand new XYZ+HFC sells for £550 from Tarmac, £375 seems a little low to me. :shrug:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=60767

His had done "a few thousand miles" but also came with the straight through attachment. I was using that as the most recent one sold second hand, if you can get more for yours then great, I'd like them to hold their value more for when I come to sell mine on!

I won't tell you how much I paid for the art pipes and xyz together as that would make you cry.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=60767

His had done "a few thousand miles" but also came with the straight through attachment. I was using that as the most recent one sold second hand, if you can get more for yours then great, I'd like them to hold their value more for when I come to sell mine on!

I won't tell you how much I paid for the art pipes and xyz together as that would make you cry.

£280 on ebay few months ago, i forgot to bid and have been kicking myself ever since :(

£280 on ebay few months ago, i forgot to bid and have been kicking myself ever since :(

Indeed, if it makes you feel better £280 certainly wasn't the minimum bid I put in, so you wouldn't have got them that cheap.

Thanks for forgetting, sounds like I owe you a drink!

Indeed, if it makes you feel better £280 certainly wasn't the minimum bid I put in, so you wouldn't have got them that cheap.

Thanks for forgetting, sounds like I owe you a drink!

Its ok, glad someone on the forum got the bargain :)