Where is the air release for cooling system?

2222Piggy

There is a small upright cap with a cross-recess screw drive on the hose going to the heater bellow the windscreen in the engine bay. Be careful not to undo it with force as the screw drive is plastic and easy to break. Check the service manual for a piccie.

A trick to get airlocks out is to squeeze the bendy thick hose coming out at the top left of the radiator (looking towards engine bay). Couple of sqeezes get the coolant gurgling through - let it settle for a while, top up with more, repeat squeeze, etc.

I've took the drain plug off of the rad and the metal cap, not a lot of coolant has come out :/

And the level in the coolant bottle hasn't changed

Have I to just fill the rad back up and watch for it coming out of the bleed screw?

No, there is a set procedure for bleeding the coolant system.

If you are draining and flushing the full system you will require 10 litres of premix.

I would recommend that you get a fully qualified technician who knows his way round a 350Z to carry out this work for you, or otherwise this could well end in tears.

Alex :)

I've took the drain plug off of the rad and the metal cap, not a lot of coolant has come out :/

And the level in the coolant bottle hasn't changed

Have I to just fill the rad back up and watch for it coming out of the bleed screw?

Isn't there a drain plug on the engine it's self?

When I did the radiator it came flying out. Maybe try squeezing the top hose and disconnecting the coolant bottle.

I used cefiro drifter method of bleeding and it work well

:thumbs:

Well, this is what i ended up doing

I took the bottom plug out of the rad and took the metal cap off and let it drain

Then I opened up the bleed screw from the hose towards the back of the engine

I then refilled the rad whilst squeezing the rad inlet hose until full, then input the bleed screw on and the cap on the rad

Started the engine, let it get up to temp, turned it off, topped it up

All is well

Maybe I just got lucky

I am going to do the same 3 more times, that way the majority of the coolant will be new by the end of it