sending a package to brazil

leodspider

Hey i was wondering if anyone on here has any experience sending packages to Brazil. i have a small Box with sweets my friend has asked for no more than 1kg in weight. however it seems that everywhere i ask, the prices of shipping something with £10 of value will cost £40-60 to send. also another problem is , customs, i know i need to fill in a form, but its asking for a tax ID , what is that ?

if anyone can help or offer advice, it will be great as the woman and guy at the post office weren't interested.

Think your big problem is its sweets. Most companies prohibit you sending food,liquids etc.

I've sent things all over the world and my advice to make it cheaper is to pack as small and tight as poss as the airlines charge by either actual weight or volumetric weight(Whichever is greatest.)

The sweet thing is an issue though, perhaps Royal Mail ?

You will probably need an invoice to go with the goods, you can find shipping invoice templates online

yeah, ive tried them but i thought £40-60 was a bit shocking for a box of assorted sweets that cost me less than a tenner. if it comes to that then i will use fed ex which seems to be the cheapest atm, and it will allow me to make sure the package arrives as i heard brazil has a habit of having missing item.

Tarmac - yeah they allow sweets, but no liquids. will i need a invoice even if its just residents

yeah, ive tried them but i thought £40-60 was a bit shocking for a box of assorted sweets that cost me less than a tenner. if it comes to that then i will use fed ex which seems to be the cheapest atm, and it will allow me to make sure the package arrives as i heard brazil has a habit of having missing item.

Tarmac - yeah they allow sweets, but no liquids. will i need a invoice even if its just residents

My wifes brasilian and we send stuff over but isn't cheap. She sends as a gift and we just fill in the cutsoms form on the front with value but don't need an invoice.

Make sure it's tracked or it will probably get lost. And once it arrives it usually sits in brasilians customs for a while as well and they may have to pay tax on it. Not sure it's worth it for sweets!