Auto window up/down on Passenger Side.

Zzzz...

a little discovery I made this weekend.

My passenger window switch seems pushed down into the trim, so I got myself a new one on ebay for a tenner.

When i got it I set to replace it, easy job... but then I noticed my UK spec passenger switch was not auto up/down. (The Switch face is black) , and the one I got on ebay had Auto and a window logo... :)

removed original switch to find the switch pack came of it fixings and could be refitted no problem... , then installed the Auto switch and low and behold it WORKS ( automatically that is...)

So UK spec cars ... get yourself Japan spec switches and you can have auto up on all windows!

I've checked some pics on the web and seems the jap spec has auto up on all switches .

I currently still have manual UP/DOWN on driver side for the passenger window, so what i need is a japan spec driver side switch console. And I'll be 100% automatic...

it will be nice to find out if any of the jap spec driver switch packs has an option for auto mirror folding on ignition off, maybe a top spec model with all the options ticked...I am not interested in tinkering with aftermarket solutions.

I've checked some pics on the web and seems the jap spec has auto up on all switches .

I currently still have manual UP/DOWN on driver side for the passenger window, so what i need is a japan spec driver side switch console. And I'll be 100% automatic...

it will be nice to find out if any of the jap spec driver switch packs has an option for auto mirror folding on ignition off, maybe a top spec model with all the options ticked...I am not interested in tinkering with aftermarket solutions.

Yep my JDM has auto drop on both windows ,also autofold when car is locked with fob, also autodip on side mirrors when reverse is selected :) , both can be disable with a switch on dash if required :thumbs:

Yep my JDM has auto drop on both windows ,also autofold when car is locked with fob, also autodip on side mirrors when reverse is selected :) , both can be disable with a switch on dash if required :thumbs:
Why they did not do this on the UK versions in beyond me? :wacko:

Where in the dash is this button?

... must investigate this further... cos' i bet the system is there ( With this CAN/BUS whatever it is called...) , it is just not available due to the spec of switches.... :dry:

no doubt a cost reduction idea to give UK spec cars headlamp washers and spoilers and rr foglight... :angry:

Where in the dash is this button?

... must investigate this further... cos' i bet the system is there ( With this CAN/BUS whatever it is called...) , it is just not available due to the spec of switches.... :dry:

no doubt a cost reduction idea to give UK spec cars headlamp washers and spoilers and rr foglight... :angry:

button next to TCS switch , I'll put up a pic tomorrow :thumbs: