Went to collect the car today.......

oj121

after my recent 'incident'. Pulled up outside the garage and my baby was outside.....covered in bird @*!# and dust. The bodywork that was carried out looks good but had to say was a little sad that it was left like that. Went to check the rear wheel where they had to change a tyre.....and they have put a falken 912 on rather than a 452. Informed them of their error and they refused to take ANY blame saying 'oh well kwik fit come out to do our tyres'. Then tried to tell me it was ok to take it as it was. He went back to ring kwik fit and returned saying they couldnt get hold of them (at 15.00 hours - yeah right). I told him I would wait to get it sorted and was told it might take days to get a call back from kwik fit to rectify. Still no apology that they didnt even check to see it was right. Still no apology for getting it wrong. Still no apology when I told him the time it took to get there. He then just shrugged and said well its your choice take it or dont. I refused and told them to sort it! The manager even had to get someone out to confirm they were different tyres on both sides rather than read it himself or listen to when I was saying.

Is this normal behaviour from a big company that prides itself on reputation? I know its an insurance job but still......Took me an hour to get there and 40 minutes to get home, plus my wife lost time at work to take me. Do I just take it as bad luck and wait for it to be sorted? Do I contact the company to complain or my insurers? Advice please guys as the only time ive been in this boat before was 7 years ago and the company 'Stoneacre' were amazing. I literally couldnt fault a single thing!

Yours

A really unhappy man who was looking forward to using his Zed in the nice weather before working all weekend.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I'd complain to your insurance company - you never know - the garage might be trying to pull off some kind of fraud, i.e. bill the insurer for a 452, but give you a cheaper inferior tyre :shrug:

Plus I thought it odd that a big garage would use a kwik fit mobile fitter to do the work? Is that normal?

Without exaggerating though I got 4 hours sleep(as I had just got off nights). My wife lost 3 hours or work time (although she is salary paid so doesnt really cost anything other than her time) and nearly 2 hours worth of driving for the sake of someone READING WHAT THE TYRE SAYS.

It also goes to show the work wasnt checked. Im just really angry at it all so if im coming across as a knob I apologise. Plus I think its out of order to leave the car covered in a layer of dust and bird crap like that.

you arent being a knob at all - its bang out of order! Trying to fob you off with a cheap tyre which clearly isnt suitable. They should consider themselves lucky that you didnt have bridgestones on, they're 80% more expensive again.

and to be honest, the company doing the repairs arent the ones footing the bill, so why do they care? If my car was repaired by insurance, id expect it to be returned washed and waxed, and with like for like parts, otherwise the repairers arent doing their job properly, and thus the insurance company isn't holding up their end of the deal. After all, we pay through the nose for insurance , so when we do need it they damn well better do a decent job of it! And theres never an excuse for rudeness.

Big thumbs down from me :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

what was the garage? Name and shame my friend!

Is it ok to name and shame? Some forums frown on it.

It it balances at all my wife had an 'ok' experience with them a few years ago (but that was at a different site) when an oik kicked the boot of her car in. On that occasion the car was cleaned and returned spotless but it took a long time.

My car is currently at Gladwins in Kings Lynn.