Wanted: Humax Freesat HDR

mcauleyj

• 2 weeks later...

Ricey - I know, some wierd posts I have put up here recently, not at all 350z related - but I know there is a wide range of people on here so thought it might be worth a shot.

My Z is ticking along nicely, due a good clean & DA polish very soon & maybe a gearbox & diff fluid change too.

BTW in additon to the passat - I'm now considering the A6 as well - I actually went to see an A6 3.0tdi quattro avant (2005, 93000 miles) yesterday.

Nice car, but it didnt have the high range MMI.. only the basic & after seeing the high version it would be hard to accept the basic.

Max - thanks for the heads up, I was looking at humax direct which have good prices indeed, but as usual the postage is double to N.I.

I eventually got a Freesat HDR from gumtree, so thats me (well the mother in law) sorted for the moment.

She lives in a part of Donegal with no terrestrial coverage, so relies on analogue terrestrial coming from a community based relay station to beam RTE & BBC etc into their area.

Come Oct when the analogue switch off happens, the relay station will be no-more and the digital terestrial coverage from RTE (Saorview) will not reach their area.

That leaves satellite - so sky or freesat.

Originally she was just going to plump for sky - but RTE are broadcasting FTA on 9e Ka band (not Ku as per sky on 28.2E), their service called Saorsat.

So this changes things & we thought we would try and get a multi-sat setup going, worst case if its not reliable she can get sky.

So after a bit of reading around we got an 88cm dish, Ka band LNB, mult-lnb arm and normal Ku band quad & have a setup that can get both services (RTE and Sky) from the one dish.

Now enter the Humax... freesat appeals as we shoule be able to set it up and leave it - channel lineups & rescans are taken care of. RTE I dont think will jump around as the feeds from 28.2 do... so the humax is one box that will control a multi-sat setup with diseqc & with a patch will allow freesat and non-freesat channels on the EPG list without having to flick between freesat and non-freesat modes.

Rant over :teeth: