NVIS, starting problem

moiseszee

i'm having intermittent starting problems. i'm also getting nvis error codes 1615 1610

i've tried the escape from lock and key recognition procedure it didn't fix anything.

also tried lock unlock on the keyfob

i've also tried inserting the key chain like thing in the pic i attached, doesn't seem to work.

The socket actually came with the wire cut, i just spliced it back together. to see if it can clear the nvis

how do you use that thing anyway? (maybe hold for 20 secs or do it several times?)

any other procedures i should try?

if my car doesnt start instantly, it starts starts eventually after a few minutes of leaving it alone

I can't really find a pattern on when it doesn't start

Any help greatly appreciated. thanks.

Mo Zee

thanks for posting this.. i've read this tsb already, however i was hoping to a solution without a consult ii as i cant seem to find a shop with one outside of nissan, and nissan's charging me a huge enrollment fee my car being an import. i was wondering more of what that keychain thing is for and how to use it...

As you are unsure how to use it why not try a dealer/google for operating instructions? Unfortunately I am not familiar with this system. You could PM atkin666 they are a re a trader and Nissan dealer on here :)

thanks for posting this.. i've read this tsb already, however i was hoping to a solution without a consult ii as i cant seem to find a shop with one outside of nissan, and nissan's charging me a huge enrollment fee my car being an import. i was wondering more of what that keychain thing is for and how to use it...

my car used top have one of these and now has a similar cobra one on it.. you basically just have to touch it against its little housing on the dash and all should be fine...if it isnt then ythe key fob end has worn away and needs to be replaced with a new one...which is obviously what happened to mine and they put a cobra one in (i have two immobiliser thingys now) anyway my cobra one stopped working and thats what it turned ouyt to be got a new one and starts on the button everytime

As you are unsure how to use it why not try a dealer/google for operating instructions? Unfortunately I am not familiar with this system. You could PM atkin666 they are a re a trader and Nissan dealer on here :)

i've tried searching. can't find anything on it. I'm not even sure what its called...

i'm from the philippines. i can't seem to find any non-nissan shop here that has consult II. and nissan is charging me around GBP32k just to "enroll" my car since its an import. I'm thinking of buying datascan II software...

Jez at Horsham on here (trader) can provide the cable and software I'm sure. Maybe worth dropping him a private message or check his traders section :thumbs:

thanks for your replies. i ended up ordering datascanII. i'm having a hard time finding the code though (my car is now LHD converted, so the electronics are a bit messed up)

the spare came with a plate with a number though, could this be it?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

My Nissan Datascan II arrived yesterday, and I registered the key. Works fine. Took the car on 2 short trips. Still worked.

This morning, took the car on a short trip still ok.

This afternoon, I started the car 2x, didn't start. I opened the door the and car started right up. Just a coincidence?

When I got to the mall, I left the car unlocked because I had the car vacuumed and washed. Brought the key with me.

When I got back, started it 3x, it didn't start. I had my laptop with me, so I just registered it again and it started right up.

Such a hassle.

Now, I don't know where to begin troubleshooting from this point on...

Any help would be appreciated.

Another question, what is this box in the picture? That black wire with the white shrink wrap at the base is cut. I'm wondering if it could be related...

• 2 weeks later...

Getting nats codes on imports you need the numbers from the back of the, but it can still take a long time I requested mine from nissan nearly a month ago and still no response yet. Regards consult 2 or 3 we charge £30 for fault code reading.

I got my pin instantly from tom, the guy i bought datascan from. He got it from nissan supercode software, from the serial from my bcm. I did a search for supercode software. Saw some free links to it. Didnt try downloading though.

Im getting error codes 1610,14,15. Following the us service manual, i found out one of my transponder amp wires is not giving a signal. Im having a shop check it out. Doesnt explain why problems intermittent though