BT adaptor not working

JackStrong

Hi

I just got a BT adaptor, followed the instruction but all that happens is a yellow/orange led stays on on the bt device and my iphone cant find it.

One of the previous owners I think has modified the sound system as a microphone has been added, run under the dash and clipped to the top of the a pillar. So for now I am gonna have a look behind the bose to see if theres something going on.

Suggestions ?

Thanks

Lol, which secret cubby ? where, you mean the one behind the passenger seat ?

UPDATE: the added microphone was not attached to anything, just a cable ran through behind the dash coming out at the top behind the centre console for optional attachment.

Yeh im aware the standard bose head unit is required, I do have it fitted. As he wrote "replaced" i assumed he meant has the bose been replaced with a newer one, meaning some sort of impairment.

I have confirmed the iphone bluetooth is working, tried successfully in the navara.

I have recorded a video of the BT adaptor

Anyone got any ideas ?

Not sure is this is going to help but here is the guide for the later type of BT adapter and hopefully you find something in there to help you. The operating instructions are essentially the same I believe even though yours may look different without all the 'bells and whistles' you see in this example (I can't find a guide for the version normally supplied for the 350's) but the diode flashing indicators should be the same .

I presume you have been entering the 1234 code on your phone?

BT adapter operating instructions.pdf

The other option is to find another local owner to see if the adaptor is working OK in their car's cradle.

Not sure is this is going to help but here is the guide for the later type of BT adapter and hopefully you find something in there to help you. The operating instructions are essentially the same I believe even though yours may look different without all the 'bells and whistles' you see in this example (I can't find a guide for the version normally supplied for the 350's) but the diode flashing indicators should be the same .

I presume you have been entering the 1234 code on your phone?

[attachment=0]BT adapter operating instructions.pdf[/attachment]

The other option is to find another local owner to see if the adaptor is working OK in their car's cradle.

Try another phone - preferably one known to work with a 350 adaptor - the vid you posted that shows the yellow flash is certainly showing a connection is not being made but the fact you have power showing does suggest it is a phone issue, going by the diode info on the link I provided ^^^