Accidentally test drove NEW Opel OPR(GTC VXR)

Pimm

I was out and about in the zed today around the mendips enjoying the roads when I passed this astra what I thought was a VXR GTC, so I turned around and it was but a German version.

The driver and family was really friendly and was keen to show me around his car. He was wearing a nurburgring T-shirt :lol: and he told me he worked for Opel on the design or testing of this car. He had a quick look at the zed and loved it and then offered me to drive his car which I said yes, then relising it was left hand drive :blush: he kept telling me to put my foot down and yes it really did go, handling felt fantastic but sitting on the wrong side of the car in the UK I could not let it go, needed more time.

I do like the new VXR and would be one of cars on my list if and when I sell the zed.

P1010301.jpg

P1010302.jpg

P1010304.jpg

I thought the gtc was a mild version of the VXR?

The GTC is a 2 door version same as what Stew said, but you can pick any engine/spec but only now have they released the VXR which is just going on sale now in the UK I believe. It will be the most powerfull Astra every produce.

280bhp, 400NM, 0-60 in 5.8 secs, this really does go.

It was nice to get into a newer car with all the toys inside, all modern and great performance to match. Not as good as the zed looks wise but still looks great in the flesh.