hr supercharger question

kershaw-350z

hi ive had my hr 350z about six months now and have allways liked the idea of superchargeing it in the near future but as most of you are aware the gtm rotrex kit is the only one available for my car at the moment.. but i have noticed that this kit is the same for 350z and the 370z.

so i was thinking stillen have just released a 500bhp vortex (i think correct me if im wrong )kit for the 370z could this not be converted to fit the 350z hr engin i know the stillen kit uses a top mounted charge cooler in place of the inlet manni so may not fit at all.. how much diffrent is the hr externaly compaired to the vhr 370 engin??

thanx

Not sure where you got the idea that one GTM kit fits Both the HR and VHR engine. They do seperate kits that both use the Rotrex C38 blower, but a lot of the other stuff will be different. As far as the Stillen kit goes, trying to convert something designed for one car to fit another car will probably cost more than the diference between the Stillen and the GTM kits as it would probably involve fabrication. Generally the HR engine is considered to be the better suited to twin turbos than superchargers, which I guess is why there is only one (AFAIK) S/C kit available for them.

DB

• 2 months later...

surly you could just buy a kit for the de then buy the gtm intercooler and the jobs a gooden how much difrent is the laY out under the bonnet between a vhr - hr and the de because i recon after having a look that the vhr and hr are very simular dont they both use the same inlet mani anyt way ?