Rear Earthing strap+exhaust hanger

Daryl

Not required .......take it away :thumbs:

I am a firm believer that engineers and designers don't just add things for the sake of it. I'm sure if car manufacturers believed it wasn't necessary they would prefer to make a cost saving to increase profits where ever they can.

This link gives a reasonable explanation for why it is present. I'm not suggesting that it is the reason but from a fair google search it appears to be a common train of thought.

http://junkee-garage.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/exhaust-grounding-kit.html

I would put one back on.

I am a firm believer that engineers and designers don't just add things for the sake of it. I'm sure if car manufacturers believed it wasn't necessary they would prefer to make a cost saving to increase profits where ever they can.

This link gives a reasonable explanation for why it is present. I'm not suggesting that it is the reason but from a fair google search it appears to be a common train of thought.

I would put one back on.

Explain the boot counter weight then...

And the rear window wiper...

And the cigarette lighter behind the passengers..

I'm sure theres more.

I would put one back on.

Explain the boot counter weight then...

And the rear window wiper...

And the cigarette lighter behind the passengers..

I'm sure theres more.

The 350z isn't the only vehicle with a counter weight in the boot/trunk. So there is a reason for it. Some say it's a vibration dampener, others think it's as the name suggests a counter weight. Maybe to balance the weight of the boot against the gas struts.

Rear window wiper is easy. Some people like to see through a clear rear window.

The accessory socket behind the seats is just like the ones in the boot of SUVs and people carriers. It's for plugging accessories in like refrigerated cool boxes.

As I said before... I'm not saying these are the reasons but there will be a genuine reason for parts that some people might not realise. Imagine how much money manufacturers would save over the hundred of thousands or millions of cars produced by not fitting these unnecessary parts but still charge you the same price?