MSV Drift day at Oulton Park

Daryl

Well me and Doug (also a forum member) traveled to Oulton Park Friday (stayed up there Thursday night) and had a day on their tarmac rally stage. What an event. Could not believe how much fun we had. Was really good to know the limits of the car,and know what those limits feel like at relatively low speed. Then controlling the car within them limits. If you have the chance to go,then do it,you will not regret it. I was very nervous at first ( im very precious over my Datsun) but after half hour I was alot happier and started to play alot more. Me and Doug drove each others cars (mine with new 19' tyres,his with very worn 18") and the difference was very marked. You could feel the car just approaching understeer, then with a precise boot of throttle ,you could get the car swinging round nicely. The ever changing track was tricky at times,as we had random heavy and light rain,but the whole day was very enjoyable,and w both came away with new skills and experience. Just waiting for Alex to get his finger out with my ARB's now! :lol:

Pictures will follow dont worry

I had a very minor brush with a tyre on the back end just by the exhaust,but thats it. There were tyres around yes,and some people did hit them,but they tended to be people doing silly drifts,in cars that they didnt care about. Was a great day,if you can do it, i would.