V8 Engine in a 370?

Octarine

You would be able to do it, but would need a number of things changing out including your gearbox, mounting, all the cooling, etc, etc. All to get no increase in hp and only a marginal increase in torque? If you're sticking a V8 into the car (whether that is a sound choice is a separate question), surely the right option is to go with a Chevy block or a Mopar Hemi...

Great, thanks guys. I guess I hadn't considered all the implications of having to change everything else. Was just looking for a bit of a short-cut to getting some V8 grunt that could then be easily tuned upwards. Will have to look into some of the other options for the stock engine. Can anyone recommend a good Turbo or supercharging unit/supplier to look at?

Had a TVR a few years back. Was great when it ran, but that wasn't all that often, as reliability in those, particularly the earlier 350 that I had, was through the floor! That's one of the reasons the 350/370 is so great, it's internals seem to be bomb proof!!!