Rattling window in '57 roadster

rmacnair

So I recently had some bad luck with my zed, and as per bad things come in threes.

I was driving up to my parents near Durham (I live near Warrington) when a panel under the car came loose and sheared off, making a very loud noise above 60mph. I stopped off at a service station (about an hour from my parents) and attempted to wedge it in so that I could get to a garage without it causing any further damage. So I eventually got to a mate's garage near my parents and the guy zip-tied the remainder of the panel as a bodge job. This seemed to work pretty effectively.

About a week later I noticed a bubbling/farting sound coming from the exhaust near where the panel had come off and had this horrible image that the guy who fixed it earlier had drilled through the exhaust. He hadn't, instead the exhaust had blown (I blame my gf) and so that needed replacing.

Luckily I'm under Warranty at Arnold Clark and so as I pulled up there there, with the roof down enjoying a car that sounded like it had the runs, I closed teh door and noticed an unnerving rattle in the door (as if the glass was loose). The mechanism worked fine but I asked them to have a look at it.

All in all they replaced the exhaust and panel and lubricated the window. This cost them about £660 (thank god for warranty).

The only problem is the window is still rattling, it almost sounds like a bolt is loose and the glass is moving about in the door. Could this cause it to smash? or am I just being paranoid?

is it just with the window down? if so, try with the window at different heights to identify approx where the noise is coming from.

then take the door panel off and have a gander, might be worth getting some sound deadening stuff to pad the inside of the door out if you can't see the immediate problem.