Oulton park 20/06/12

CrumbMC

• 2 weeks later...

Decided not to put the decats on before i go just on case. I would feel like a bit of a wally if i went all the way down there and failed the noise test :bangin:

I may have a friend coming this time if he can get the day off. I'm well excited again :blush::lol::teeth::drive1

unfortunately I'm not coming out to play at Oulton this week anymore :( had a bit of an expensive month and left it too late to book!

Let me know when you're doing another one Chris as I'm definitely going to be going to Oulton again soon...I'm seriously considering getting a track toy as I really don't want to f**k up the Zed.

You missed an Awesome day today Sarah. Had loads of fun and with new brake fluid i could stay out for half an hour at a time if it pleased me so i got a lot of running in. although the subsequent fuel usage was a bit high - averaged 8.9 mpg :lol:

I feel a bit sorry for the Z, lost my two front wheel center caps and the new front pads I put in before the last track day have completely worn away. That said, the car performed well and didn't miss a beat. The poor thing got hammered all day with both me and my mate in but cruised the journey home no problem. :thumbs:

Really feel like I'm getting to grips with Oulton now, although I'm sure there's still much more performance to be had. Next time i go there i will get another tuition session to try and perfect my lines a bit.

I was chasing down a lot of really quick stuff today, mainly into shell oils and druids where i could pull in loads of time on a lot of cars in the braking zones. They are 2 of my favorite parts of the track as there's the ballsy high speed corners into the deep braking zones, love that. :yahoo: Passed a McLaren MP4-12C who was obviousley going flat out at the time ;)

Had an evo spin out in front of me at lodge (last corner) which was a bit too close for comfort. He went off the track with his rears on exit then span right across the track in front of me. I had to be quick on the brakes :headhurt:

I'm going to try and get one more track day in over the summer if funds permit. I would like to try another circuit to broaden my horizons a bit. I will post a thread in the track days section before i book.

The adrenaline has worn off now though so it's an early night for me tonight.

Chris :wave:

Glad you had a good day Chris. I'm really, really gutted that I couldn't make it. Looks like you were VERY lucky with the weather as well!

Sorry to hear about the centre caps - I guess they wanted to be with the rear Z badge you lost last time :lol: glad the brake fluid behaved this time!

How did the day (EasyTrack) compare to last month's ClubMSV ran one?

That Evo incident sounds a bit :scare: ...as mentioned I'm thinking of getting a track toy/shed that I wouldn't be totally devastated at if I stacked it. Dunno if you've seen the thread on the main 350forum about some guy at Bedford writing his off..really don't want to do that to my Zed!

Oulton seems to have lots of cheaper trackdays in autumn and winter which are also on Saturdays as it's out of season. And they're much cheaper - I think they're as low as £99 for the day (although probably when you only get 2 hours of sunlight haha!). I know the weather is likely to be a bit crap...another reason for getting a 'fun-shed' :lol::drive1

S.

Yeah the night before i checked the met office for Chester and it said there would be light rain in the afternoon. was very lucky. Had to leave just before 4 anyway as i had completely worn through the brake pads. lucky i noticed how low they were as i was refueling.

RE the service. it was exactly the same as Club MSV. Same timetable, same staff. just a slightly more enthusiastic guy doing the briefing. It was slightly more expensive though and it was very busy. There were a lot of serious motors there including lotus' and caterfields, as well as a lot of race cars and track day specials which i had never seen before.

In the briefing the guy asked if anyone had less than 4 track days experience and only about 4 of us put out hands up. Still it was nice to pass a lot of them on track knowing they had a serious car and more experience :p

I am so skint now. I have had quite wild and expensive few months (don't know if you noticed but i could hardly walk from paintballing the day before i met you at Oulton) also have spent a lot on the car and the track days and it's finally caught up with me. But luckily its payday tomorrow :yahoo: ...which means i can pay for my new brake pads and tax that's due :surrender:

I'm definitely going to do as many track days as i can (or can't) afford to. I'm so addicted. I have been watching some on boards of Qually laps from the British GT to see where their lines differ from what i have been doing. :snack: There's a link to my favorite one at the bottom.

I might try and go to another track next time though. I watched Trackpig's videos of Cadwell park. It looks like an awesome circuit and i might try and go there next. it's a bit of a mission from Kendal though so i might have to stop over.

I think a separate track car is probably a good idea if planning to do a lot of trackdays. I felt like i really punished the car yesterday. The paint on my callipers has turned from gold to a deep bronze colour from the heat as well as the aforementioned badges and centre caps :blush: Also If i'm going to get through a set of brake pads each track day it's going to be an even more expensive hobby than i thought - and i haven't stuffed it into a tyre wall yet :headhurt:

Anyway I'm off on a cheep holiday to Colonsay in the Hebrides for a week. luckily everything is already paid for :teeth: Keep me posted next time you go and i'll see if i can make it down.

On board YouTube vid