New GT4 owner - Agreed valuation.

MARLON-DINGLE

Hi,

Just purchased a GT4 Ultra Yellow which is a little dearer to purchase second hand due to there only being 76 ever made.

I paid £11,500 for it.

When I filled out my insurance, it came back with an insurance valuation of around 9k which is probably about right for

a normal Zed.

My question is; If the worst ever was to happen, would the insurance pay out to get another yellow GT4 which generally

sell for £12k at dealers or try and pay me out an average price ie do they actually replace like for like?

Thanks

Simply put - No.

They will pay out for the same year Zed in most cases.

GAP insurance (which isn't worth the paper it's written on) is supposed to cover this short fall in the event you write off your car.

Only if you agree the valuation in the first place with an insurer that provides this service. Livingstones Warman (a forum trader) do and something i considered doing. Obviously it will cost you more and you have to provide photgraphic evidence showing the condition of the vehicle. :)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was already with Sheila's wheels and they came out cheapest on comparison sites at about £400 all in

for full year so I did a mid term adjustment seeing as though I was 6 months in.

£100 to trade up from a Tino to a Zed...........amazing value considering the power.

Also the Zed is worth 11.5K and the Tino only 1.5K.

Salesman swore blind that they would do like for like but when they record your conversations i bet they can never trace

that one!!!

Simply put - No.

They will pay out for the same year Zed in most cases.

GAP insurance (which isn't worth the paper it's written on) is supposed to cover this short fall in the event you write off your car.

Ive used gap mate and got and extra 1200.. That was on an import with proof that to replaced would cost X amount.. GAP Makes up the difference..

Dont see what your problem is ?