RCA lead query

14N

Hi All,

I've read all the guides on this (and other) forums, but I'm still a bit stumped.

I've got myself a new Alpine HU and all the associated leads, harnesses etc, but here's the thing, the ICT leads have 4 RCA plugs. A red, white, black and yellow.

On the back of my new HU there are only 2 - the red and white. Which are (according to the HU wiring diagram) 'Front/subwoofer output RCA connectors'.

So, what do I do with, or where do I put the black and yellow RCA connectors?

The HU for reference is an Alpine CDE-W235BT

Cheers, Ian :thumbs:

The problem you have is to use the bose patch lead your headunit must have atleast 2 sets of RCA outputs, one for the front and one for the rear. Your headunit only has the one set so your going to need to follow busters advice and wire them to the high level speaker outputs instead.

ps. you could use Y splitters and conenct them all to the front pre out you have but this will lose front/rear fade and may cause volume/quality issues as you pre-outs are only 2v.

Cheers Un1eash. I sorted the issue this weekend. After pulling the head unit out and scratching my head a bit whilst looking at the amount of wires (and the Halfrauds mess - they had used a Y splitter, but not how I thought it was originally intended) behind the HU, I figured the red and white RCA plugs were for the front only, so I initially tried wiring the rear speakers directly to the HU and cut the black and yellow RCA plugs off.

The amount of volume (and additional performance) that came out of the rears after I'd done this quickly convinced me to also wire the front speakers through the HU aswell :teeth:

Turns out, Buster had already done this many times before anyway.... viewtopic.php?f=27&t=61360&start=15

All sorted now. And I'm quite chuffed that I did it myself :yahoo: