Map Update on my F900BT

I decided that my maps from 2009 were in need of an update :)

So I found the required files floating around on the internet, accquired them and put them onto a SD Card.

Then went to delete the MAP and POI folders on the F900BT

Then copied to new files on

8877556e.jpg

Was a bit worried that they might not work, so kept a backup just in case, but I needn't have worried

258de69d.jpg

All working :yahoo:

Now up to date with TomTom 2011 Q4 maps

Only thing is that the F900BT has limited space on it's internal HDD and won't be able to fit the entire catalog of EU maps, so was just a matter of picking which ones were essential (like consider whether you will actually drive in Latvia, Finland or Norway, etc.)

Is that Pioneer unit running Windows CE?!

I believe they all run Windows CE. You need to hack the unit and update windows CE before you can update the maps i think.....

Yup, indeed.

Ran an hack and update many moons ago. On Ver.3.x right now and Satnav is iGo Ver.8.x, which is compatibale with TeleAtlas (TomTom) maps.

If you want to learn more about Pioneer mods, you could check over at AVIC411.com

I miss my f900bt :byebye: i actually saw it this weekend in Gudzy's car :lol: great unit, a little slow but so hackable it was great for messing about with....

It suits me well, great :teeth: but a little slow :blush:

I miss my f900bt :byebye: i actually saw it this weekend in Gudzy's car :lol: great unit, a little slow but so hackable it was great for messing about with....

It suits me well, great :teeth: but a little slow :blush:

You should have seen it before I updated it :surrender:

It was the boot up time really, I looked at the software and tried to get it to load up the gui quicker but couldn't get it any quicker unfortunately.... still a lovely unit once it gets going though!

• 3 months later...