Tablet pc

scottyd

I started this ages ago but lost interest, finally fixed it and finished it off today and well pleased with the result :teeth:

It's an archos 70 tablet running android disassembled and stuck in the cubby, it fits millimeter perfect

The possibilities are pretty much endless with an android device music is synced through wifi to the unit, live obd monitoring, music, videos, photos etc

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

SNES in the zed.. does life get any better :lol:

IMG_2247.jpg

thanks for looking

which one is that?

have you hard wired the archos into the car's power supply?

It's on the android market for around £3 :thumbs:

No just plugged into the cigarette lighter until I figure out how to hard wire it

most OBD readers with displays are much more expensive, this seems a very good way of doing it whilst having the flexibility of the tablets other features

did you fasten the tablet in place or wedged in?

im ebaying the tablets now!

Looking good, couple of things dude : how did you mount it in the cubby? Did you just take the back off the tablet??

Also would the obd software work with a import?? I believe jdm obds ate different to uk??

Looking good, couple of things dude : how did you mount it in the cubby? Did you just take the back off the tablet??

Also would the obd software work with a import?? I believe jdm obds ate different to uk??

I'm not 100% sure if it would work on an import mate as i'm not familiar with them

I had to separate all the internals from the case of the tablet otherwise it's too big, it is a PITA and very fragile but if your gonna give it go let me know :thumbs:

Anyway of getting sat nav ?

There are apps avalivalble you would just need a bluetooth gps reciever. To tether it to an iphone I belive it would have to be jailbroken unless you pay the service provider

lol love it :D

what are you using to play the game? controls i mean?

It's a wiimote connected via bluetooth :p