Japspeed K1 Baffles - eBay

Whazza22

I found that the best baffles for the JapSpeed K1 involve mechanical and permanent exhaust modification.

First jack the car up so you gain access to underneath the Zed.

Once secured, remove the endcan sections.

Then move on to the mid section and detach from the y-pipe.

Now comes the important bit.

With the midsection and endcans removed, you can now set about fitting any exhaust you like, Scorpion, Cobra, Milltek, etc.

:lol::lol::lol:

TBH, I know where you are both coming from.

Had a K1 before to replace a blown OEM, when that novelty wore off (plus me feeling bad returning from nightshifts at 4am) I got a K2, which is still on the car until I can afford something decent.

To the OP, have you tried going to an exhaust fabricator like Longlife or such? Pretty sure they could possibly have some off the shelf or even make you a pair.

Or measure the inside diameter of the exhaust tips and seach for baffles accommodating the size

ah just wondered, as i have the stillen Y pipe and berk HFC's, at around 1600-2000 rpm there is a resonance frequency which is deafening, makes your eyes go blurry if you stay in that range! looking for some sort of muffler in the chain to help out, other wise it makes an awesome sound, i reallly love the crackling and popping on the overrun!

For the original poster I've got a K1 with baffles on mine (and sounds nice!) so if you want any measurements or pics of the baffles let me know. Read lots of horrible stories about K1 etc but after fitting one I actually think they sound pretty good with the baffles! without they were too loud but nice with - pretty normal on tickover and nice and aggressive over 3500rpm :thumbs:

the quality of the japspeed isnt great i think, the back box rusted pretty quickly, the berk cats and stillen y pipe are still shiny and new looking, but you live and learn! definitely don't need anything louder though, suggestions for the K2 replacement?