Money to waste...

andyh83

Well, not really but it IS available, for now...and I've been meaning to do a few mods for a while. I'm trying to keep it within £3k. Here's what I've been thinking so far, and it's probably over budget already:

Spacers 25mm rear/20mm front.

Braided brake lines.

DS2500 pads front & rear.

DBA4000 disks front & rear.

Eibach ARBs.

Coilovers - either BC Racing BR or HSD HR, really not sure on this.

I drive on quiet country roads most of the time, I don't track it yet although I do intend to start as soon as I get some free time (I'm planning for tuition as well). I'll decide what I want to do power wise further down the line, for now handling is the priority.

So bearing that in mind, has anyone got any recommendations on the above? I've attempted researching as much as possible, but honestly it's frigging hard work! I think that seems like a good start though? Will i require any other suspension parts to get the above set up correctly? All the different suspension parts are confusing the hell out of me to be honest!

Also it appears that I should be able to do most, if not all, of the work myself - short of having the geometry sorted, which I'll oviously leave to the professionals. I should be able to get access to all the tools required, and possibly some assistance from people with a little more expertise than me if required. :blush: If I'm being optimistic about that, someone shoot me down now before I do mess anything up :teeth:

Oh, also have new tyres on order due to tracking screwing up my fronts, they're already paid for and not to be counted in my budget.

Cheers for any advice you can give guys!

Andy

:thumbs:

That's the way to do it! Looks like it should be in budget to me especially doing the fitting yourself. :pmzmanalex: will sort you out I'm sure.

This will be a much improved car. Don't forget to upgrade the brake fluid too!

If installing the suspension yourself set aside a few days you can run without the car, as I found out the hard way when a bush ripped and most of the bolts were seized and needed replacing. Thank God for ZMANALEX and his quick delivery.

Ive got BC's and rate them well so far, used them on a pistonhead hoon and was very happy with how they responded(took awhile to get the settings the way I liked, as uk roads are too bumpy for max dampener setting and the car jumps all over the joint, set the front to 25 and rear to 18)

Think you have a good budget and good choice of upgrades.

:thumbs:

Stew - Yeah, brake fluid was in the plan too, just forgot to list it :)

evilscorp - Good advice, I'll make sure to do it during the week. I can live without my car from Monday morning to Friday afternoon not a problem, outside of that I'll be in tears :D

Thanks for the replies guys, nice to know I'm heading down the right path. :thumbs: