Are these right?

Mickeywheelspin

Hi,

I'm currently running Bridgestone REO40's on the front (225/45 R18 91W) and need to get some new front boots prior to MOT and potentially selling the car. I don't want to put ditchfinders on but am struggling to believe the Bridgies are worth £180 each.

I'm looking on Camskill for Falken 452's but they only have "FALKEN FK 452 - 225/45R18 95Y XL TL" The speed and load ratings are different from the Bridgestones - are these the right ones? If so, for £100 each they're a bit of a bargin and hopefully at least as good as the REO40's.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b443s557p6 ... 95Y_XL_TL_

Thanks,

Mike

The 91W and 95Y are the load and speed ratings, so higher is better here - the Falkens are rated for a higher weight, and rated for a faster speed - 'W's are rated up to 270kph, 'Y's are rated for up to 300kph (186mph :scare: ) The XL in the falkens refers to these tyres being able to take extra load, so are fine for heavier cars (not that the zed is particularly heavy.

http://www.boosttown.com/wheels_tyres/tyre_markings.php

duh, i see you knew they were speed and load ratings... :blush:

but point still stands, as long as the tyres are rated higher than the maximum speed of the car, you'll be fine. I believe running tyres with a lower speed rating than the car is capable of invalidates insurance.