nismo noob questions

b7ad

Hey guys, I have loved the 350z for a long time but am finally getting round to buying myself one, but I have some questions regarding Nismo. It would be great if any of you knowledgeable folk could answer some for me!!

I'm looking for (and found a few) 350z's with the full Nismo bodykit on, but as I said have some questions, I'll try to be as brief and to the point as I can;

1. As far as I know there are 2 different nismo bodykits for the 350 v1 and v2? Or is there 3? The fairlady nismo factory car (sorry my terms are probably far out) has that squared boxy rear on it, but haven't seen a regular 350z with that nismo kit on anywhere. I think the v.1 is the body kit I like the best anyway.

2. The cars that are produced from the factory as Nismo with the engine mods and whatever else...they only went on sale in JP and are very rare to find in the UK?? I think from what I've seen online, there are 3 or 4 different models that nissan made factory nismo?

3. the bodykits that have been fitted by nissan after the car's purchased (what I've found in UK for sale) none have Nismo badges on the back of the car...is this just on the factory produced nismo models in JP?

4. I have also seen a GT with 350z GT badge on the back, is this just something they put on or are there 350z GT's out there with the GT badge? I'm pretty sure that they did just add that themselves as I don't think i've come across any other's with it in the UK, but then the Infiniti 350 has gt on the badge in the US??

Sorry for the noob questions but thanks in advance! :drive1

Hey guys, I have loved the 350z for a long time but am finally getting round to buying myself one, but I have some questions regarding Nismo. It would be great if any of you knowledgeable folk could answer some for me!!

I'm looking for (and found a few) 350z's with the full Nismo bodykit on, but as I said have some questions, I'll try to be as brief and to the point as I can;

1. As far as I know there are 2 different nismo bodykits for the 350 v1 and v2? Or is there 3? The fairlady nismo factory car (sorry my terms are probably far out) has that squared boxy rear on it, but haven't seen a regular 350z with that nismo kit on anywhere. I think the v.1 is the body kit I like the best anyway. You need to do a wee bit more research ;) Fairlady = JDM zed :thumbs:

2. The cars that are produced from the factory as Nismo with the engine mods and whatever else...they only went on sale in JP and are very rare to find in the UK?? I think from what I've seen online, there are 3 or 4 different models that nissan made factory nismo? There's a few factory Nismo UK cars

3. the bodykits that have been fitted by nissan after the car's purchased (what I've found in UK for sale) none have Nismo badges on the back of the car...is this just on the factory produced nismo models in JP? haven't a scooby :shrug:

4. I have also seen a GT with 350z GT badge on the back, is this just something they put on or are there 350z GT's out there with the GT badge? I'm pretty sure that they did just add that themselves as I don't think i've come across any other's with it in the UK, but then the Infiniti 350 has gt on the badge in the US?? :headhurt:yup they will have added that themselves

Sorry for the noob questions but thanks in advance! :drive1

:welcome: to the forum

2. The cars that are produced from the factory as Nismo with the engine mods and whatever else...they only went on sale in JP and are very rare to find in the UK?? I think from what I've seen online, there are 3 or 4 different models that nissan made factory nismo?

As you've said, the Nismo never went on sale in this country although it was Nissans original intention to sell them here, maybe it was the high price tag, 50k plus. Nissan brought one car into the country and this was road tested by a number of magazines. What happened to it after that...I've no idea :shrug: I'm not sure if any were imported into the country directly from the JDM market, I've never seen or heard of one in The U.K. Of course, they were very limited even in Japan, only a couple of hundred were made.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... _350z.html

Pete

The true Nismo variants are extremely rare, but in Japan you could specify a lot of Nismo goodies (cosmetic and performance) individually from the factory, not just the body kit. Occasionally JDM cars with wierd specs claiming to be Nismo cars show up and these are usually the latter; just a regular car with some factory Nismo toys added.

DB

Thanks for your help guys!

I have done more research over the last week and understand them a little better now! I think i'll have to settle with finding a Z I like the look of with the after-market nismo bodykit on, there can't be many of any of the models around in the UK.

So here's what I believe to be the "truth" about the "factory" nismo 350z additions, please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere/everywhere :p

Nismo R-Tune (2004) ("V1" bodykit and engine modifications) - not sure on production numbers of this one? - aftermarket bodykit known as the "V1"

Nismo S-Tune GT (2005) ("V2" bodykit and engine modifications) - 20 produced every month in Japan (according to wikipedia) was not sold in the UK - aftermarket bodykit option known as "V2", same side-skirts as the V1 but a different front-bumper and 'bigger' spoiler

Nismo 350z (2007-2008) (bodykit with the big gaping hole in the back bumper! and engine modifications) - 1607 cars produced, sold in the US but not sure if they ever reached the UK? - not sure if there is an official nismo after market bodykit for this one??

Nismo Type 380RS (2007) (the same bodykit style as the "Nismo 350z"???) - 300 cars produced, pretty sure only in Japan

I'd love to know the answer to the questions above if anyone knows about it!