Changing spark plugs in 2006 350Z

jep350z

Hello,

I've had my 350Z a few weeks now and have bought a number of items so I can do a basic service. I have the service manual and found a useful guide to replacing the spark plugs. It looks straightforward(ish) but I'm finding the reality very different.

The amount of tubing which is tied down in a number of places means that getting the coil packs off is proving impossible. Are there some key areas I can slacken this off, or do I have to remove a whole lot of stuff (including the air intake?).

Grateful for any advice.

James

Hello,

I've had my 350Z a few weeks now and have bought a number of items so I can do a basic service. I have the service manual and found a useful guide to replacing the spark plugs. It looks straightforward(ish) but I'm finding the reality very different.

The amount of tubing which is tied down in a number of places means that getting the coil packs off is proving impossible. Are there some key areas I can slacken this off, or do I have to remove a whole lot of stuff (including the air intake?).

Grateful for any advice.

James

Strut brace and air intake, followed by a series of 10mm headed bolts to free up the other stuff that gets in the way.

A bit fiddly the first time that you do it but really quite simple and straight forward.

Expect the job to take you circa 2 hours first time round.

Alex :)