BOSE had to go

DAZ6618

:) Hi all,

I've had the skipping BOSE system for as long as I've owned the car (9 months) it was ok to live with but then, it 'ate' 5 of my CDs and every time I pressed the CD button it turned off.

I opted for the Pioneer AVH4400BT a 7 inch touch HU, I used the link from here to sextons audio to order my cables and with a a lot of help from my friend it was working, can't believed I waited so long to change it, sound has improved 10 fold

I had to adapt the facia due to it catching when the screen lowered to allow cds to be entered

Thanks for reading

Hi mate,

I love this stereo, everything works great. I used the link off here to the sextons website to buy my cables so the steering wheel controls volume, track skipping and source selection, it works great with ipod too. I havent got the rear cam installed yet but its on my to do list.

with this stereo I had to used a stanly knife to trim the fascia as the cd input is behind the screen and it kept catching putting strain on the screen motor. You can trim alot off the back and the top edge. I put some masking tape across the top so I could keep a straight line when cutting

I got the HU off bassjunkies, was the cheapest :thumbs:

hope this helps

I too have just installed the same HU to replace the standard Bose and I'm also impressed :thumbs:

It took longer to strip out all the interior (rear cam installed) than to fit the HU and harnesses. If you get the correct adapters from the Sextons link then you only need to make 2 crimped connections at the rear of the HU (plus camera connections in the boot if fitted).

But as stated-be prepared to massacre the top of the fascia to allow the screen to open/close correctly.