Squeaky F/N/S suspension. Problem found?

KyleR

Hey, I've been trying to locate the cause of the squeak when going over speed bumps or uneven roads, the only thing I can possibly find is this...

post-9675-135011921163_thumb.jpg

It's the lower rear wishbone of the front near side suspension, and it has red poly bushes. Seeing as they are red and not black, they are obviously after market, but that would be fair enough, except that the drivers side doesn't have any bushes at all and isn't squeaking. So...

1. Are there supposed to be any bushes there at all?

2. Why may they have been put there in the first place if there isn't supposed to be a bush there?

3. Should I just remove them and see if that fixes the squeak? (I've already greased them up the best I can and it didn't make any difference.)

Thanks,

Kyle

Squeak may be a drop link issue or a problem with a shocker. Control arms usually knock rather than squeak

True, but I'm thinking since there are soft bushes where I don't believe there should be, it may actually be those squeaking after becoming slightly dislodged. They don't look very straight...

Basically I think if there actually isn't supposed to be any bushes there, i'll take them out and see what happens, then if it's still squeaking, i'll move onto other options.