Injured Zed - Update

Kuro

Well, some of you may remember my Injured Zed thread, where some bloke had mashed my drivers door during the recent high winds.

I took the Zed to see Dave Latham (Denttec) the other week, and he did a pretty good job :)

It started off like this; (basically a 7/8 inch selection of dents down the middle of the door, going from the crease bit, to beneath the crash bar thingy.)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5876

Dave was sceptical, and suggested that it would never be perfect :scare:

dent1.jpg

After several hours, which included taking off the inner door card for better access (thanks Dave :) ) he did an excellent job.

Unfortunately, one persistent dent sort of remained, inaccessible due to the weighty crash bar thing. However, it's barely noticable on a good day, let alone a normal day.

It now looks like this;

dent2.jpg

All in all, Dave did an excellent job. He was unhappy with the final result and charged £50 rather than the quoted £75. To be honest, I am pretty pleased with the result. The photos don't really do it justice. It's one of those things where you have to look to find it, it's in no way obvious - which is good stuff :)

Lessons Learned:

1. Windy days - reciepe for pain and suffering :angry:

2. Denttec are excellent, fair and very hardworking B)

Ive still to get one sorted on mine, its about 6 inch behind the door though, so no idea whether there is a way in with the tools. Possibly may be a route in from above with the roof cover lifted.

There have been several reports of excellent work from Denttec on here, and its where Ill be taking mine without a shadow of a doubt.

Ive still to get one sorted on mine, its about 6 inch behind the door though, so no idea whether there is a way in with the tools. Possibly may be a route in from above with the roof cover lifted.

There have been several reports of excellent work from Denttec on here, and its where Ill be taking mine without a shadow of a doubt.

He's a top bloke, and very fair. That's twice he helped me out now :)