How to clean a Kuro!

Doug86

Guys,

A lot of you have Kuro Black cars, what are the best techniques?

I have a machine polisher but I am not sure which pads and fluids people recommend and in what order?

I have (far too much) detailing stuff already ranging from cheap to mid quality (dodo Juice etc) products and I am not adverse to buying more :teeth:

I MUST get rid of the spiders webs in the paint work at some point soon. It's soul destroying seeing them in the sun :dry:

That all depends on if you want to just clean it or go further such as swirl removal and protection.

This is what I do.

Normal cleaning: Wheel clean with bilberry wheel cleaner and brushes. Snow foam, then two bucket method. Finish with quick detailer (Zaino Z6). But, now that a hose pipe ban is coming in I am trialling ONR in one bucket only and do the wheels last with bilberry cleaner then use the left over ONR brush over and wipe clean. Always clean black cars in the shade or when it is overcast to avoid the water drying on the car before wiping off.

This time of year I do swirl removal as well and finish with three layers of sealant (Zaino Z2 Pro with the accelerator) with a coat of Z8 in between. (Zaino Z2 Pro). Clean the car as normal, then clay bar to remove contaminants (tar, tree sap, metal filings etc) including the windows. Then for swirl removal I use a random orbital machine polisher with a yellow megs pad (or equivalent) with Meguiars M205 Ultra finishing compound (can be bought from Halfords on 3 for 2 offers!). This gives you a good base for the sealant or wax if you choose.

I find Zaino gives me 3 months protection and I top it up after each wash with the Z6. Once in a while I might give it another coat of Z2. I only do a full three coat protection twice a year. Spring and Autumn. The Z2 need a warm day and not humid to cure - about 14 deg.

Try the mega 205 and yellow pad first. You may well find, like me, that you won't need anything else. Always start with the mildest combination and work up otherwise you will find much more work is needed (a few days or more) and that you may remove more paint than you can spare. The paint on the Z is notoriously thin.