coilovers

leodspider

:angry: as some may know I bought the first set of AMS coilovers of Tarmac, transaction was smooth and that ended their. Now if you search for my install thread you can see I had some problems with the fitting such as bent bolts and brackets which was a bit off putting. The rest seemed to ooze quality tho. As soon as I had them for two days knocking noises started to appear, so new bushes as well as camber arms and toe adjusters wer bought. It still continued. Ive let three mechanics as well as my mate who installed them ( and he's a mechanic as well ) have another look and they've all said it's either the top mounts or shitey product. Its just the rear driver side that's making the noise. After contacting and they want a total of 250$ for a set of top mounts which I elieve I should need to pay as the product should be perfect when it arrived. Afte r selling my stock suspension I can't even get them exchanged for warranty as it's my daily driver.

Chris has offered to help, but I don't wanna trouble him. but I jut lost faith in Ams, especially such a big company and they can't check their products before shipping off. This is just my experience tho.

Rant over.

The main question is, anyone planning to sell a set of coilovers in a few months time, or can lend me a set if I decide to get the warranty done (which I am

In limbo as I would have to take pay for shipping of sending the faulty products and receiving the new ones!) as well as takin my car off road.

Leo

can you not fit standard solid top mounts? thats whats on my car im sure on my kw's. Meant to txt you about it the other night mate and forgot all about it. I had the brainwave when you walked away.

It's non true coilovers, hmm, so I can use standard top mounts even tho their nOt pillowball mounts.

most people recommend solid top mounts. They should fit. I'd speak to alex as it was him that advised me :thumbs:

Wish alex was closer so he can have a look with his CIA operatives lol . I know for a fact the damping is even changing itself, as I checked it today.

Hmm and these were on a trial price to be reviewed?

The dampening will change over time but you just need to keep checking it. My kw's have been spot on though since last year.

Its a bit disappointing that the customer service from ams isn't better. Have you got your oem suspension kicking about, steal the top mounts from those and put them on it

im working on friday and saturday and have the missus' sisters 21st saturday night. If you want to come over on sunday afternoon we can give it a bash if you want mate. Dont worry i'll get a satay from the shop :lol:

I'll text you nearer the time as

I think my lil brother is picking a car up on Sunday . A ek9 :(

lol well you can let me know matey, drop me a message. I will be around on sunday but may be a bit rough on sunday morning :lol: