JCImports

nixy

Anyone had experience of these guys in the north east? They seem to have some reasonable cars in stock.

One of my customers bought a 350Z from them recently and was very impressed with the service. If I remember correctly John Cooper is the main man.

Hi,

I bought my Z from John. He is really helpful, answers emails very quickly and I would recommend him. HOWEVER! John had been away on holiday just before I picked mine up and a month after I picked it up I realised mine had NOT been undersealed.

When I asked him about this, he said that I could fetch it back and he would arrange it, or to save me the hassle he would send me a cheque for £50. He said that the place he normally gets them done at charge him £25... Now I don't know about you but even a £50 job sounds too cheap for me on a £15k+ car...

I took his £50 and took my car to www.waxworks.net up near Morpeth, guy called Simon... Simon charges £320 and does the car properly, wheel arch linings taken off, entire underside done with Black Waxoyl, inside panels done with clear Waxoyl. He dropped us off in Newcastle and picked us up when the car was done. Simon loves cars in general (obvious during the journey to Newcastle) and he has done a fantastic job... As good as you would do to your own car, just less all the hassle...

In summary, I WOULD recommend JC Imports, BUT ask John NOT to arrange the underseal (for a discount) and take it to Simon instead... He (Simon) may be expensive, but I like peace-of-mind... In a way I'm pleased that my car didn't get undersealed from JC Imports... I would have been driving round thinking my car was done when it wasn't - £25 doesn't sound like a thorough job to me... Depends on how long you are planning on keeping the Z...

HTH,

Tim

Hi Tixy

As I said in my pm I also got my car from John at JCI. There is a thread on here regarding the problems i had but to be fair to John he kept sorting things out and in the end I got the car I wanted in the condition I wanted.

He is a nice bloke to deal with and when things seemed to be going wrong was quick to offer me my deposit back if i was not happy.

He also offered a 1 year warranty.

A few negative issues though.

Certain bits of paper I was promised failed to materialise and the paint work that I wanted doing whilst OK was not top quality.

Overall as dealers go not a bad experiance and a LOT better than the main Stealerships that some guys go through.

Mings opinion.