over 700HP on a Z? seems like it's been done!

Removed

Guest prescience

It really is surprising that the APS boys proclaim their TT as the only safe reliable high-power solution.

GReddy have never shied away from delivering 'tuner' kit and stated as much. Now that it is well understood in the US what ancilliaries make GR-TT safe for users (it, despite all protestations to the contrary has always been safe for experienced tuners), it has necessitated APS to follow suit/play catch-up and provide a similar tuner kit; ca va.

Respect and 700 WHP is due to GReddy :D:P

couldn't happen to a nicer guy either...Mike is one of our longest standing Z customers and one of the nicest guys you'll meet

let me tell you, the behind the scenes of what this poor guy went through getting the car to where it is now is simply amazing....you won't see any of it posted but needless to say, it was a soap opera

It really is surprising that the APS boys proclaim their TT as the only safe reliable high-power solution.

GReddy have never shied away from delivering 'tuner' kit and stated as much. Now that it is well understood in the US what ancilliaries make GR-TT safe for users (it, despite all protestations to the contrary has always been safe for experienced tuners), it has necessitated APS to follow suit/play catch-up and provide a similar tuner kit; ca va.

I think your missing the point there. APS have claimed their kit is safe due to the fact that you can only get authorised dealers to tune it, where as the Greddy kit was blowing kits up left right and centre due to people tuning the car that werent capable. Also a big factor in it, was the shielded crank angle sensor wire (which APS discovered, BTW), which was contributing to alot of safety issues on the Greddy kit.

The greddy kit has always been a bit of an incomplete kit, really. They wouldnt even admit that the crank angle issue was causing problems, as alot of guys in the US found. Basically they left alot of the R&D work to the tuners out there, and the guys with knackered engines. The Greddy kit hasnt changed since it came out, just peoples awareness of the shortcomings of the kit.

APS have realised that not everyone wants to stick with the ECU that comes with their kit, and no doubt, can get more sales with a tuner kit available. Now that the knowledge out there is greater about the car, it is a safer market place to realease such a kit.

I never liked the fact that you have to remove the front impact brace on the car to fit the Greddy, I really cant see insurance people going with that one. :scare:

Tuner kit is available from APS now, I believe.

Absolutely correct. APS have always said each turbo was capable of 400 bhp, but never had the final piece of the jigsaw to back it up. Until now.

Am I going to go for it? B) Nope!

The APS test mule that is kicking out nearly 800 HP is running bigger turbo's than the ones we have.

The tuner kit doesnt add any bits to what you've got Mark, in fact they exclude the unichip and fuel system, leaving that upto the end user. The only addition is stiffer wastegate springs.

Guest prescience

I think your missing the point there. APS have claimed their kit is safe due to the fact that you can only get authorised dealers to tune it, where as the Greddy kit was blowing kits up left right and centre due to people tuning the car that werent capable. Also a big factor in it, was the shielded crank angle sensor wire (which APS discovered, BTW), which was contributing to alot of safety issues on the Greddy kit.

The greddy kit has always been a bit of an incomplete kit, really. They wouldnt even admit that the crank angle issue was causing problems, as alot of guys in the US found. Basically they left alot of the R&D work to the tuners out there, and the guys with knackered engines. The Greddy kit hasnt changed since it came out, just peoples awareness of the shortcomings of the kit.

APS have realised that not everyone wants to stick with the ECU that comes with their kit, and no doubt, can get more sales with a tuner kit available. Now that the knowledge out there is greater about the car, it is a safer market place to realease such a kit.

I never liked the fact that you have to remove the front impact brace on the car to fit the Greddy, I really cant see insurance people going with that one. :scare:

Just thought I would post the following information received from Sharif on the CAS wire just to set the record straight:

The shielded wire issue is unique to the Unichip. The Unichip was having trouble pickup up the crank angle signal, so they included it with their kit. The Greddy eManage other systems do not have this problem. It's important to understand, that the shielded wire does not protect the motor from anything...it simply allows the UNICHIP to read the crank signal without interference.

The reason Greddy kits were blowing engines, is becuase the kit is incomplete as it sits out of the box. You must include timing control, and preferable a proper return fuel system, in order to ensure safe operation. Take a look at this link...it outlines the basic (SAFE) Greddy kit. I have tuned over 20 cars with this exact setup, and they are all running strong and safe! http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156630

Feel free to post this on your UK forum...good luck!