Rays vs JDM 17s vs Std 18s nimbleness question!

NeilMH

My car originally came with standard 18s which I know are heavy (with 050As).

For winter I have been running JDM 17s with winter tyres (Kumho).

I know I can't ignore the tyre factor but just parking that for a moment........ my observation is that the car feels more nimble and more feelsome with the 17s, despite the softer compound and deeper tread depth.

I think the JDM 17s are a little lighter than Std 18s but to what extent that is compensated by a heavier tyre I don't know.

Anyway, my simple question is - do 18 Rays provide a noticeable difference in the feeling through the wheels compared to standard 18s versus JDM 17s? I know they should do - but do they in reality? I don't care at all about the looks of any of them. I do care about feel and ride quality.

It would be particularly interesting to hear from someone who has used all 3 types of wheels.

Thanks for the comments so far - Tarmac and Dblock.

Still hoping that someone might have gone from 17JDMs to 18Rays (there is a significant price difference!)

Rays are lighter than the 17's plus have more tyre width so more grip. Also look alot nicer.