Damaged My Exhaust...

Paddy78

Like a complete moron, I've managed to reverse into a little wooden stake at work. :oops:

I didn't hit it hard, but noticed a small bump. I got out to have a look and there was a tiny scratch on the bumper, so thought disaster had been pretty much averted...

...On the drive home, the exhaust sounded louder (And less tuneful) than normal, and when sat in traffic, there was an awful metallic rattle from the back left of the car. So it looks like I've moved the exhaust when hitting the stake and that has in turn broken the connection between the back box and the middle pipe (You'll have to forgive my terminology as I'm a mechanical noob - picture attached to help explain)...

The pieces are still attached, but the pipes and connections are so rusty, that they are probably going to fail fairly soon. So, having read a few articles on OEM Zed exhausts, it looks like the rust is a common issue. My only question is; how much of the exhaust am I going to have to replace, if any? Is it worth getting a full new system fitted or realistically could it be welded / fixed? Bearing in mind that I'll probably now need a tetanus shot just for looking at it!

Also, is there anything I can do as a temporary fix, to prevent any part falling off / shaking loose?

Looks like parking sensors will be my next mod! :D

Thanks guys, I'm going to get a couple of quotes for a weld job. I had planned on getting a new system at some point, but would rather not cough up now!

I've had a look at a couple on your site Tarmac. I guess this serves me right for joking I'd be back in touch soon! :D

Thanks guys, I'm going to get a couple of quotes for a weld job. I had planned on getting a new system at some point, but would rather not cough up now!

I've had a look at a couple on your site Tarmac. I guess this serves me right for joking I'd be back in touch soon! :D

Ha ha, yeah I was thinking the same lol.

If you like the OEM then the Scorpion and Cobra resonated are not far off.

See what sort of quotes you get back, you know where I am bud :thumbs:

Took it to the garage yesterday to get it checked out. Luckily for me it looks as though it'll hold as it is for a while, even though it's pretty noisy.

Now to save for a Nismo (And I will :pmtarmac: when the time comes :thumbs: )